Views:155 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-06-06 Origin:Site
Do you have troubles when choosing clothing fabrics? Today we will discuss nylon fabrics and cotton fabrics to give you a better understanding of them.
1.It has high mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the compressive strength is comparable to that of metal, but its rigidity is not as good as that of metal. The tensile strength is close to the yield strength and is more than twice as high as ABS. It has strong absorption capacity for impact and stress vibration, and its impact strength is much higher than that of ordinary plastics, and it is superior to acetal resin.
2.The fatigue resistance of nylon fabric is outstanding, the workpiece can maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated iterations. PA is often used in the occasions where the escalator handrails and the new bicycle plastic rims are extremely fatigued.
3.Nylon fabric has high softening point and heat resistance. Such as nylon 46, high crystalline nylon high heat distortion temperature, can be used at 150 degrees for a long time. PA66 after glass fiber reinforced, its heat distortion temperature reached 250 degrees or more.
4.Its surface is smooth and the friction coefficient is small. It’s also wear-resistant. It is self-lubricating when used as a moving mechanical component, and has low noise. It can be used without a lubricant when the friction is not too high. If it is necessary to use a lubricant to reduce friction or help dissipate heat, water oil, grease, etc. can be selected. Thus, as a transmission component, its service life is long.
5.Corrosion resistance is another feature. It’s really resistant to alkali and most salt liquid, but also resistant to weak acid, oil, gasoline, aromatic hydrocarbon-like compounds and general solvents, inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can resist the erosion of gasoline, oil, fat, alcohol, weak cockroaches, etc. and has good anti-aging ability. It can be used as packaging materials for lubricating oil, fuel, etc.
1. Easy to absorb water. The water absorption is large, and the saturated water can reach more than 3%. The degree of stability and electrical properties are affected to a certain extent, especially the thickening of the thin-walled parts is large; the water absorption also greatly reduces the mechanical strength of the plastic. When selecting materials, the influence of the use environment and the accuracy of matching with other components should be considered.
2. Lightfastness is poor. In the long-term high temperature environment, it will oxidize with oxygen in the air. At the beginning, the color will be brown, and the surface will be broken and cracked.
3. Injection molding technology requirements are strict: the presence of trace moisture will cause great damage to the molding quality; the dimensional stability of the product is difficult to control due to thermal expansion; the presence of sharp corners in the product will lead to stress concentration and reduce mechanical strength; wall thickness If it is uneven, it will cause distortion and deformation of the workpiece; the precision of the equipment during processing is high.
1. Hygroscopicity: Cotton fiber has good hygroscopicity. Under normal conditions, the fiber can absorb water into the surrounding atmosphere, and its moisture content is 8-10%, so it contacts human skin and makes people feel soft and not stiff. If the humidity of the cotton cloth increases and the ambient temperature is high, the water content in the fiber will all evaporate and disperse, so that the fabric maintains a water balance state, which makes people feel comfortable.
2. Insulation: Because cotton fiber is a poor conductor of heat and electricity, the heat transfer coefficient is extremely low, and because cotton fiber itself has porosity and high elasticity, a large amount of air can be accumulated between fibers, and air is a poor conductor of heat and electricity, so pure Cotton fiber textiles have good thermal insulation, and wearing cotton fabrics makes people feel warm.
3.Alkali resistance: Cotton fiber has great resistance to alkali. The cotton fiber does not break in the alkali solution. This property is beneficial to the washing and disinfection of impurities after washing, and can also dye and print pure cotton textiles. Various processes are processed to produce more new varieties of cotton.
1. Easy to wrinkle: not easy to organize after wrinkles.
2. Shrinkage. The negative effect of strong absorption of cotton fiber, the shrinkage rate of cotton fabric is 2% to 5%.
3. Easy to deformate: cotton fiber porous and large gap negative effect, to the overall fabric is light and thin, clothing is easy to deform. If thickened, it looks cumbersome.
4. Sticky hair: The porous structure of the fiber has stronger adsorption power to the hair than other fabrics, and it is difficult to remove it.
5. Fear of acid: alkali resistance must be afraid of acidity, acidic environment cotton cloth is extremely strong, sometimes a drop of vinegar accidentally get clothes, it will cause fatal damage.
Compared to other fabrics, nylon fabric has a unique advantage, its wear resistance is higher than all other fibers, 10 times higher than cotton wear resistance, 20 times higher than wool. At the same time, it has good comprehensive properties, including mechanical properties, heat resistance, chemical resistance and self-lubricating properties. Nice clothes are absolutely indispensable for nylon fabrics!