Views:240 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-06-16 Origin:Site
Nylon was developed by the eminent American scientist Carothers and a scientific research team under the leadership of the world's first synthetic thermoplastic polymer, nylon is a word for polyamide fiber. The appearance of nylon makes textile look brand-new. Its synthesis is a major breakthrough in the synthetic fiber industry and a very important milestone in polymer chemistry.
Polyamides are mainly used in synthetic fibers, and their most prominent advantage is that their abrasion resistance is higher than that of all other fibers. Its abrasion resistance is 10 times higher than that of cotton and 20 times higher than that of wool.
The strength of polyamide fiber is 1-2 times higher than cotton, 4-5 times higher than wool, and 3 times higher than viscose fiber. But polyamide fiber heat resistance and light resistance is poor, poor maintenance, made of clothing than polyester crisp. In addition, the nylon used for clothing has poor moisture absorption and dyeing properties. A new type of polyamide fiber was developed. The new material has the characteristics of light weight, excellent wrinkle resistance, good air permeability, good durability, dyeing and heat setting. So it's considered very promising.
Because polyamide has non-toxic, light weight, abrasion resistance and good corrosion resistance, so polyamide has high strength after spinning, mainly used as synthetic fiber, and can be used as medical suture.
In civil use, it can be blended or pure spun into a variety of medical and knitwear. Nylon filament yarn is mainly used in knitting and silk industry, such as single stockings, elastic stockings and other wear-resistant nylon socks. Nylon staple fiber is mostly used to blend with wool or other chemical fiber wool products to make a variety of wear-resistant by wearing clothing materials.
In industry, nylon is widely used to manufacture cord, industrial cloth, cables, tents, fishing nets and so on. Mainly used for parachutes and other military fabrics in defense.
From the outbreak of the second world war until 1945, nylon industry was converted to parachute, aircraft tire cord, military clothing and other military products. Due to its characteristics and wide use, nylon developed very rapidly after world war II. Various products of nylon, from silk stockings and clothes to carpets, ropes and fishing nets, appeared in countless ways. Nylon is one of the three major synthetic fibers. In the 1990s, the number of new nylon varieties continued to increase. During this period, nylon was commercialized, a new industry was formed and developed rapidly. At the end of 1990s, the world output of nylon alloy reached 1.1 million tons per year.
Nylon, as the largest and most important variety of engineering plastics, has a strong vitality, mainly because of its high performance after modification. In product development, the main direction is high performance nylon Polyamide 6，Polyamide 66, nano nylon. In terms of application, great progress has been made in the development of automobile components and electrical components. For example, high flow modified nylon for automobile intake manifold has been commercialized, which extends the life of components and promotes the development of engineering plastics processing technology.
(1) The market demand of high strength high rigidity nylon is increasing. New reinforcing materials such as inorganic whisker reinforcement and carbon fiber reinforced PA will become important varieties. It is mainly used in automobile engine parts, mechanical parts and aviation equipment parts.
(2) Nylon alloying will become the mainstream of the development of modified engineering plastics. Nylon alloying is an important way to achieve high performance of nylon.
(3) Nano nylon manufacturing technology and application will be rapidly developed.
(4) Nylon used in electronics, electrical, electrical appliances of flame-retardant increasing day by day, green flame-retardant nylon more and more attention by the market.
(5) Anti-static, conductive nylon and magnetic nylon will become the preferred material for electronic equipment, mining machinery, textile machinery.
(7) Processing aids research and application, will promote the modified nylon functional, high performance of the process.
(8) The application of comprehensive technology and refinement of products are the power to promote the industrial development.